Annual General Meeting – Thursday 14th March 2019
(In accordance with Article 7(B) of the Articles of Association)
Preliminary Notice is hereby given that the Annual General Meeting of the Amateur Athletic Association will be
held in the Olympic Suite at Alexander Stadium, Birmingham on Thursday 14th March 2019 at 12.00 noon for the
1) To receive the Annual Report and Accounts for the year ending 30th September 2018
2) To elect the Officers. In accordance with Articles 7(C) and 13(A) of the Articles of Association a Member is
entitled to submit nominations which must be received by the Secretary at the address of the Association
(at the top of the page) not later than close of business on 24th January 2019. The positions open to
nominations are (current Officers shown in brackets):
The Honorary Secretary
The Honorary Treasurer
3) In accordance with article 7(E)(v) of the Articles of Association, to accept representatives from Road
Running, Cross Country and Track and Field disciplines as selected by the representative working group for
each such discipline. The representative for Cross Country Is also to represent Fell Running and the
representative for Track and Field is also to represent Race Walking and Tug of War.
4) In accordance with article 16(B) of the Articles of Association, to renew the tenure of such Directors of the
Association as may have been appointed by the Management Board since the last Annual General
5) To elect the Inspector of the Accounts and agree their remuneration.
6) To consider any resolutions submitted in accordance with Articles 7(C) and 9(A) of the Articles of
Association, notice of which will be given in the notice convening the meeting.
Pursuant to the Articles of Association, Final Notice of the Annual General Meeting will be given in due course. If you would like the Final Notice and accompanying documents sent to you in the post or via email please contact Carolyn Newton before 10th February 2019 via Post: AAA, Unit 11 Wincham Avenue, Cheshire, CW9 6GB Phone: 01928 732 228 Email: email@example.com and she will forward them as requested to your postal or email address.
The Final Notice will be posted on the England Athletics website:
www.englandathletics.org/young-athletes-and-schools/aaa/ on the 14th February 2019